Would you like to enhance your understanding of what you hear each Sunday? Would you like a record of your growth as a Christian?
Art is a tool that can be used to release God’s Word in your life. Creative expression can help you make sense of what God is saying to you.
Art journaling is a long-recognised practice and is used to reduce stress and encourage creativity without the pressure of a perfect result. The main focus of art journaling is the process.
Come on this creative learning experience with us through this 4-week course as you:
• Explore how to document your Faith journey with an Art Journal.
• Through using the Word of God, drawing, painting, and collage, you can learn to create your own personal journey journal.
• Use various tools and strategies for recording your walk with God.
• Have a fun time allowing you to explore without fear or comparison.
• Focus on developing a closer walk with Jesus through creativity.
Please bring to each class:
•An A4 art journal or Visual diary (all blank pages)
•A Watercolour set -of at least 8 pressed watercolours
•Black fine line pen
•Felt tipped pens (Textas)
(Collage materials, glue sticks and scissors will be provided)
“Art and Faith” by Makoto Fujimura (Available online or Koorong book stores)
Recommended but not essential
Term 1 Start Date: 1st March 2023
Term 4 Start Date: 11th October 2023
Available In Person at Hills Location Only