"On my first night at Night School Drawing Class, I knew I had found my people."
Drawing from observation is central to much art practice. With this in mind, through weekly drawing sessions you will be given the opportunity to hone your visual and drawing skills using pencil, charcoal and pen whilst receiving input from practising artists. This 7-week course is for beginners and those who want to learn and those with experience who, together, want to practice the elements and principles of drawing. No experience necessary.
• Theology of art
• Exploring the use of different materials
• Exercises using basic principles of drawing from observation
• Reflecting on space, perspective and composition
• Studies emphasising light and shadow
• Drawing from nature, photographs and everyday life
• Understanding how God, our Creator, has gifted us with art and how our art fits in with God’s plan
• Development using different materials and processes
• Extra studies to increase your body of work
• Development of individual abilities and art practice
Please purchase and bring to each class:
• A4 size cartridge paper pad
• 2 Bulldog clips
• Drawing pencils: 2B & 6B, sharpener
Willow Charcoal sticks, charcoal eraser
• Colour pastels and/or crayons
• Colour pencils an felt-tipped pens
• Folder optional but good to carry/store drawings
"As a naturally introverted person I never felt that I was able to fully express myself, now after learning the valuable art of creative writing I am finally able to communicate with the world the matters of my heart."
Do you have a life story or a testimony you believe God wants you to share? Are you an aspiring writer who’d love to be given the opportunity to use your writing gift for the Kingdom of God?
Creative writing: The Art of Storytelling is for writers of any skill level who want to become a better and more confident writer. Each week, over five weeks, you’ll learn the architecture of good storytelling with specific examples of powerful prose from best-selling books. Step by step, you’ll be coached on how to craft a vivid and engaging story by using elements of story-telling that work: A compelling hook, the three-act story arc, show and don’t tell and believable dialogue.
Led by experienced journalist and writer, Nicole Partridge, this course will bring your writing and storytelling to life. Through workshopping and examining text, you’ll discover keys to writing success: syntax, rhythm and voice; how to conduct effective interviews and how to write clear, emotive copy that will translate across all mediums: social media, blogs, articles and memoir. On a practical level, you’ll be given writing exercises and opportunities to workshop in a supportive classroom environment.
Term 1 Start Date: 9th February 2022
Term 2 Start Date: 18th May 2022
Term 3 Start Date: 27th July 2022
Term 4 Start Date: 2nd November 2022
Are you excited about hosting guests at home but feel a little daunted when it comes to styling the dinner table?
Come along to this 4-week course filled with practical, fun and interactive sessions to suit both those new and experienced to hosting gatherings at home. Facilitated by experienced interior decorator and homewares creator, Jo Hutchens, the knowledge and skills gained will give you confidence to style your own table for various occasions, as well as give you true purpose for hospitality.
You will learn:
• How to develop your design style
• Elements of design
• Elements of a tablescape
• Table manners and etiquette
• How to create themed settings
Spaces are limited to ensure all full participation of all students.
Apologies, this course is no longer available for Term 3. TBC for Term 4, 2022.