“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (Eph 2:10).
God created us with purpose, and equipped us with gifts. He places in each of us POTENTIAL – and He desires us to grow into that potential, to be fruitful and effective, and to advance His kingdom.
In his best-selling book, The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live them and reach your potential (2014), leadership expert John C Maxwell shares fifteen principles that can help each of us become who we were created to be, and to live out the potential God has placed in us. He identifies key laws, explains and illustrates them with practical examples, and provides an action plan to help us put each into practice in our own life.
Now Hillsong Night School brings you Part 1 of a new 14-week course in which we unpack the first eight laws, and study how to apply them to ensure that our growth is intentional and effective. The course will be presented by the Maxwell Leadership certified independent coach, speaker and trainer Jürgen Oschadleus.
The remaining laws will be covered in Part 2 in a future term.
1. The Law of Intentionality: Growth doesn’t just happen. You must be intentional about it.
2. The Law of Awareness: You must know yourself to grow yourself. The first step in change is awareness, then you can change.
3. The Law of the Mirror: You must see value in yourself to add value to yourself. Don’t compare yourself to others, and limit your negative self talk.
4. The Law of Reflection: Learning to pause allows growth to catch up with you. From quiet reflection comes more effective action.
5. The Law of Consistency: Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you growing. Develop good habits that lead to success.
6. The Law of Environment: Growth thrives in conducive surroundings. Refuse to be a captive of the environment you first find yourself in.
7. The Law of Design: To maximize growth, develop strategies. The alternative: falling into someone else’s plans.
8. The Law of Pain: Good management of bad experiences leads to great growth. You must suffer pain to realize a gain. No pain, No gain. No investment, no ROI.
Obtain your copy of the book through Amazon or your favourite book seller.
Term 4 Start Date: 11th October 2023
Available at the Hills Campus – In Person or Online