Dear church – We were thrilled to see and hear the fruit of your magnificent generosity this Christmas to our community. Jason Allen and his team prepared this great praise report. Be encouraged and thank you again for being the most wonderful, selfless and serving church that you are. We know that many families enjoyed a sweeter Christmas because you chose to care.
Brian & Bobbie
Stuff The Bus Appeal 2012
Thank you to everyone that contributed to our Stuff the Bus Christmas Appeal.
We were blown away by the overwhelming generosity of our church family especially as many charities had reported reduced donations during the Christmas period.
Our Church, through Hillsong CityCare, was able to bless over 3,000 families with Christmas food hampers and toys.
You gave over 52,886 items
Food items: 36,546
This was a 38% increase on last year’s giving which is incredible!
We were very grateful to Hope 103.2 who helped to highlight Stuff the Bus to the public, as well as the support of a number of community organisations who contributed in kind.
The distribution of our Food Hampers and Toys was also made possible through our partnership with over 50 organisations. These included:
· Hillsong CityCare Street Teams in suburbs across Brisbane and Sydney
· Hillsong CityCare Emergency Relief in Brisbane and Sydney
· Pastoral Care in all Campuses and Extensions
· Mission Australia
· Bear Cottage Children’s Hospice
· Randwick Children’s Hospital
· Sydney Adventist Hospital
· Westmead Hospital
· Cure our Kids
· Royal Melbourne Children's Hospital Foundation
· Mona Vale Hospital
· Brisbane Children’s Hospital
· Angel Tree (Sydney, Melbourne)
· Six Schools across Brisbane
· Refugee Organisations in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
· Prisons in Sydney
· Wishing Tree in Sydney (Salvation Army)
· Youth and Juvenile Detention Centres
· Women’s Shelters in Brisbane and Sydney
Our greatest asset in making this Christmas Appeal a success was the volunteer involvement of our Church who donated over 4,000 hours in November and December. They assisted in collection, stocktake, wrapping, packing and delivery of gifts and hampers.
We have received many personal emails from recipients and organisations who were blessed through your generosity.
Once again THANK YOU so much and we are looking forward to your continued support with this year’s Stuff the Bus Christmas Appeal.
For more information on Hillsong CityCare and their community initiatives, please visit citycare.hillsong.com