I remember the first time I ever went to our Sisterhood – it was actually called “Hillsong Women” back in the day!
I really had no desire to go to a women’s event. In actual fact, I think I was opposed to the idea and thought it would be just for the more mature women to have cups of tea together and to discuss things of no interest to me!!
However I did find myself at one of those mornings eventually and as I sat there, I felt somewhat awkward and strangely enough it was not what I had expected!!! The atmosphere was beautiful, the message was powerful, the people were super friendly and I found myself quite emotional and not really able to explain why….
As the journey went on, I found myself positioned at more and more Sisterhood gatherings and sure enough, on every occasion I would find myself being very impacted and somewhat emotional! Even though I can’t quite articulate all that God was doing, I became very convinced and aware that “something profound happens when girls gather!”
Now my journey has led me to the incredible continent of Africa where I believe God has His eye on every girl! He knows and loves every single one of them. And because of that, I am entirely passionate to build a Sisterhood movement of girls across this land who are completely committed to JESUS, completely committed to each other and completely committed to fulfilling their God-given purpose!
The heart of our Sisterhood has always been about…
1. Creating an environment that places VALUE on every woman and helping her understand her true WORTH and who she is created to be, along with the fullness of all God has for her! I think if a girl can get a revelation of this, everything changes!!
2. Our mandate is to ensure that every girl knows there is a GOD in heaven who believes in her!!
2. Our movement is fostering an environment where girls will BELIEVE in each other, will stick by each other and encourage each other!!
3. Our endeavour is to see girls RISE UP and be all they are meant to be!!
4. Our adventure is to make this world a better place. We will always seek to bring genuine LOVE, JUSTICE AND CARE to hurting humanity!
So I’m excited and I’m expectant about all God had in store for every girl!
Girls are amazing – Girls are capable, strong and well able and girls will change the world!
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. – Proverbs 31:30