BRIAN HOUSTON: “PERSONAL STORY” (2014)
Even though we aim to live as faith-filled, positive people, times of crisis are inescapable. Still, our leadership and character are proven in life’s toughest seasons. And if we trust God through what the Bible refers to as “the process of time” without becoming isolated, reactionary, or defensive, our leadership and character can be proven godly.
- What do you think of Pastor Brian’s statement: ‘People want what you have but don’t want to go through what you’ve gone through to get there’?
- What’s the difference between responding and reacting?
- Describe the benefit of responding instead of reacting in your own life?
- We often get defensive when facing criticism. How can we avoid doing so, especially under pressure?
- Pastor Brian explained that crises are times for our character, not our flaws, to shine. How do we build character?
- We need to create a balance in our “emotional bank” to avoid burning out during difficult times. How do you emotionally invest in yourself?
Can’t see the video? Watch it here: Personal Story