DAY 2 – BE STRONG IN PRAYER!
What comes to mind when you think of prayer? Lengthy prayer meetings, or reciting words we don’t mean may be what some of us grew up with. But prayer is so much more than that. Prayer is literally our lifeline to God. He invites us into a conversation with Him that can touch heaven and change earth.
The Bible teaches us: ‘For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.’ (Ephesians 6:12, NIV).
This truth is not meant to scare us. It’s meant to equip us. This verse teaches us that although there are unseen things that come against us, we have a weapon that is far more powerful than anything we might face. That weapon is prayer.
What happens when we pray?
- Our hearts are aligned with God’s. Our perspective is shifted and our spirits are strengthened.
- Our faith is built up. Prayer is a spiritual workout. The more we pray, the stronger our faith grows.
- Our strength is renewed. When we bring our weakness before God in prayer, His strength is made available to us. We then become more than conquerors through Jesus!
No matter what you are facing today, God has the answer. The battle we are in is a spiritual one, so it makes sense that our weapons should be spiritual also. God promises us victory because Jesus has already won the battle and that is good news. However, there are some struggles that you and I have to go through. There are some battles God has equipped us to fight so that we can grow in our spiritual authority and take the ground He has prepared for us!
So let’s be strong in prayer leading up to our SISTERHOOD gathering on 3 March:
- Pray for your sisters.
- Pray that God would have His way in our lives.
- Pray for our beloved nation that God would open heaven over us and that His Kingdom will be established in our lives.
If we think we can live an overcoming Christian life without prayer, we are sadly mistaken. Let’s take the fight to the enemy in prayer and let’s watch the Name above all names do exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask, think or imagine!