“STICK IT OUT SISTA!”
Have you ever been in a season where you wish you were somewhere else? It could be heightened in this day and age because of social media and comparing our lives to others. We sometimes find it hard to be content where we are; we struggle to grow through what we go through.
It could seem like “the grass is greener on the other side” – the other side of your phone screen; the other side of the world; the other side of your work office. But what if I told you that sometimes God requires us to STAY, when all we really want to do is GO.
Living in a “quick fix” culture, it seems easy to walk away when things do not look quite the way we expected them to – it’s easy to quit, to resign, to go somewhere else but it’s hard to stay, to stick it out. You stick out the challenge. You stick out the feelings. You stick out the uncomfortable. You stick out the uncertain. You stick out the hard.
Why, you ask?
Simply put: seasons are seasons, and seasons change! But God calls us to be consistent, and to stay the path just as Jesus did. Psalm 119:1-8 “You’re blessed when you STAY on course, walking steadily on the road revealed to you by God.”
Now, I’m not talking about staying when you are in a place of danger. If you are in any kind of danger, leave! But I’m talking about staying when things seem tough, but you know God has placed you where you are for a reason. I’m talking about staying and digging deep wells for God to work in and through you! I’m talking about staying and committing to the path God has for you, especially when it’s hard! Staying through the good, the bad and the ugly. Staying means surrendering your every day to God. Because God is looking for people whose hearts are loyal to Him and whose hearts are fully His.
Some things I’ve learned when we STAY:
- When you stay, and stick out the season, you realise that what remains will be rewarded (not that we do anything for reward)! God is a God of promise and principle. What you do for Jesus is more important than what is seen by man. That’s what matters the most!
- When you stay, your prayer life grows. When you find yourself in a season that’s tough, your biggest weapon is prayer. A prayer of desperation, a prayer for the challenge you’re facing, a prayer for the people challenging you, a prayer for others and a prayer to do this season well!
- When you stay, you discover more about yourself and the character of God, because different seasons reveal different facets of who God is, and who you are in him. Never forget, God wants you holy and he will use every situation, no matter how good or bad, to refine you more and more into the image of Jesus. So commit to whatever season you are in, commit to doing it well! You will be stronger and wiser because of it!
- When you stay, you realise that God is the strength in your weakness. He makes Himself strong in your ‘weakest’ seasons! He makes it easier to stay!
“For the eyes of the Lord run to and from throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.” -2 Chronicles 16:9
- When you stay, you learn what it means to be consistent and committed, and you learn that if Jesus could do it, so can you! You get to see what you’re really made of and you learn the ‘immeasurably more’ that God is made of!
So whatever season you’re going through babe, YOU’VE GOT THIS! And if you feel like you don’t…that’s okay because GOD’S GOT THIS! Learn to grow through what you go through and don’t forget to STICK IT OUT!