English Requirements

As per the requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA), you will need to demonstrate your English proficiency/ language skills. You do not have to provide proof IF one of the following applies to you and you can provide documentation supporting your exemption category:

    -you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
    -you have completed at least 5 years’ study in English in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
    -in the 2 years before applying for the student visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa.

If you do not fall into one of these exemptions, please provide us with proof of your English proficiency/language skills by one of the following methods:

English Test
– IELTS (minimum score of 5.5 overall with no individual score below 5.0)
– TOEFL IBT (minimum score of 46)
– PTE (minimum score 42)
– CAE (minimum score 162)

Please see the full list of exemptions for taking a test here under ‘Meet English Language Requirements’. If you meet one of the exemptions please send through any documents as evidence to your case manager via email.