It looks like location services are turned off. Enable location services in your settings to use your current location, or type your address in the search bar.
Back to search
List view
Gathering Online
Service Times and Information
Free Parking
Close To Public Transport
Wheelchair Accessible
Parents Room


Student Visa Requirements

Satisfactory Attendance:  As an International Student, you are required by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to maintain satisfactory attendance as set by your education provider.  It is Hillsong College’s policy that you are to attend all classes that you are enrolled in.   If you fail to maintain your attendance as required, you will be suspended and reported to DIBP, which will affect your student visa.  It is your responsibility to record your attendance by scanning your Student ID card at the available electronic scanners before every class. For further details regarding attendance requirements, please see Attendance.

Satisfactory Academic Performance: Students are required to successfully progress through their course (Refer to Course Progress Policy). If students do not meet both of these requirements they will be suspended from classes and will be reported to DIBP.

You must also notify the College within 7 days of change of contact details. This is a requirement set by DIBP and failure to do so is in breach of your visa conditions

Work Visas

A working permit is automatically granted when you receive your student visa. International Students are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week during the school term, and unlimited hours during college breaks.


Tax File Number (TFN)

To work in Australia you need to apply for a Tax File Number (TFN). If you do not have an Australian TFN already, simply fill out the form “Tax file number application or enquiry” available at enrolment or from the Australian Taxation Office [ph: 13 2861]. You will need to show proof of identity (this is listed on the form).

To apply, you will need your completed tax file number application and proof of identity (ie. passports, birth certificates etc). You may lodge your application as follows;

In Person:

City Students

City: 100 Market St, Sydney OR

Hurstville: 1st floor, MacMahon Plaza, 14-16 Woodville St

Hills Students

Parramatta: Commonwealth Offices, 2 – 12 Macquarie St

(To get to Parramatta, catch the bus to Seven Hills or Blacktown train station and catch the train to Parramatta. It is then a short walk from the station.)


To: Australian Taxation Office

City Students

GPO Box 9990, Sydney   NSW   2001 OR

PO Box 9990, Hurstville   NSW   2220

Hills Students

PO Box 422, Parramatta   NSW   2123

Note:  The College strongly suggests that you apply for your TFN in person as we do not recommend posting your passport except through registered mail.

Overseas Student Health Cover

International students* are required to pay for health cover (Overseas Student Health Cover – OSHC) as a part of visa requirements.  This is paid as a part of the initial fee payment to confirm your place in the course, as outlined in your Offer of Place Letter.

Hillsong College partners with NIB to provide students with OSHC.  The College will set up a policy in your name before you arrive, and your NIB Membership Card will be available for your collection within the first two weeks of the semester

For information on coverage provided, please visit  Please note that all payments need to be made through the College for visa purposes.

* Norwegian, Swedish, and Belgian students may be exempt from OSHC due to a reciprocal arrangement between governments (please ensure that you have written evidence from your own health cover provider to this effect).

Bank Accounts

There are many banks to choose from, and various branches are available within reasonable distances from both the Hills and City campuses. In the past, St George and Westpac have had charge-free student accounts. The charges on a bank account can be costly and vary between banks, so find out about these charges before opening an account. It will cost you more if you use an ATM which is not run by your bank (up to $2.00 per transaction). Many banks charge you for taking money out, even from their own machines and tellers. Therefore, try and open a charge-free student account.

To open a bank-account, you will need:

  • Passport
  • Commencement letter from College or a valid Student ID card

You must open an account within six weeks of arriving in Australia or else banks will require Australian ID.

Transferring to Another Provider

If, as an international student, you are enrolled at HILC and you wish to transfer your enrolment to another registered provider within six months of your primary course at HILC, the following process will be followed:

  • You must request HILC’s permission to transfer in writing. The request must be accompanied by a formal Letter of Offer from the new provider.
  • You will then be interviewed by the International Student Contact Officer, who will enquire after and explain the following issues relevant to your transfer request:
    1. Reasons for the transfer – career pathways, study pathways or personal aspirations, quality or appropriateness of HILC course, appropriateness of proposed course, student’s study capabilities.
    2. Support services or other formal or informal support avenues – both at HILC and the proposed provider.
    3. The financial aspects of the transfer – refunds due from HILC, fees at new provider, source of funds, changes to cost of living.
    4. Accommodation, including your obligations and conditions in current accommodation, proposed accommodation when with new provider. If you are allowed to change provider you must leave HILC accommodation under the terms of your Accommodation agreement.
    5. Whether you are under some form of intervention (either academic or behavioural) and/or in danger of being reported to DIBP
    6. Immigration and visas – what actions you might need to take in relation to your visa.
    7. The conditions under which a transfer will be allowed or declined.
  • The International Student Contact Officer will make a decision to either allow or decline your transfer request. A decision to decline the request will only be made if it appears that the transfer is not in your best interest, or is a result of active recruitment by the proposed provider within the first six months of your enrolment at HILC, or the result of otherwise unethical recruitment. Factors that would lead to the conclusion that the transfer is not in your best interest include:
    1. The proposed course is not appropriate for your career or study path, or personal aspirations, or appropriate to your study capabilities.
    2. The transfer would leave you in a precarious accommodation situation.
    3. The level of support you are likely to receive upon transfer is likely to cause distress, hardship or failure.
    4. The transfer would cause or exacerbate financial hardship.
    5. It is clear you do not understand the nature or details of the course or the provider they propose to transfer to.
    6. You are seeking to avoid being reported to DIBP.
    7. The combination of training, financial, social, accommodation and personal factors would likely cause or promote personal hardship for the student

If the proposed transfer is not detrimental you, or a result of unethical recruitment practices, then the transfer will be allowed.

  • Within 10 days of your initial written request interview, the International Student Officer will issue either:
    1. A letter of release along with a withdrawal form (which must be completed and returned to receive any refund), or
    2. A letter advising that the request for transfer has been declined, explaining in detail the reasons why.
  • If your request for a transfer is declined, you can access the College’s Complaints and Appeals process (refer to the Complaints and Appeals section in this Handbook).

If you have already completed six months in your course of study with HILC, you do not need to go through the above process. You will, however, need to go through the normal Withdrawal process (see Withdrawal section in this Handbook).