Learn about what’s happening in your LOCAL COMMUNITY and find where you can be a blessing as a community or church group. There is always good work going on!
- Who are the key stakeholders? Would it be valuable to meet with local council, police, services and organisations?
- Avoid making assumptions about the priority needs and the best responses. Ask LOTS of open questions!
- Where are there gaps in services or needs that local organisations are facing that you could help with?
How can you LEARN together?
- Could you start an interest group where you can gather, learn and inspire each other around a particular passion or issue?
- Read our state of the world for children/sisters/nations together and discuss what you’re learning, what inspires you, and what you might do in response.
- How can you explore and study the WORD together for knowledge, inspiration, encouragement? Our greatest inspiration is Jesus!
What is already happening in your local CHURCH?
Can you lend strength to it?
Is there an initiative you could begin?
We encourage you to be mindful of your local church vision and be sure to graciously submit and share your heart with those in leadership in your life. Sisterhood initiatives may represent an ‘above and beyond’ endeavour that has the capacity to reach out and build bridges into our unchurched communities and ultimately be a blessing.
Have you thought about starting a BOOK CLUB? Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Half the Sky, Nicholas Kristoff
- Catherine’s Gift, John Little
- Return to Dignity, Marilyn Skinner
- Pursuing Justice, Ken Wytsma
- Just Mercy, Bryan Stevenson
- When Helping Hurts, Brian Fikkert & Steve Corbett
-Walking with the Poor, Bryant Myers
- Modern Slavery; Disposable People, Kevin Bales