How can your group #bethechange and make a difference for orphans and vulnerable children?
• Promote foster care and support foster parents in your church or community.
• Run a play group for vulnerable groups in your community.
-CASA: Phoenix Website
• Run a gift drive for the local children’s hospital or foster care agency.
-Helen's Hope Chest: Phoenix Website
• Support children from challenging family situations through a mentoring program.
• Support the education of indigenous students through a scholarship or mentoring program.
• Find ways to increase inclusion of children living with an illness or disability.
• Fundraise or volunteer for local organisations that work with vulnerable children and young people.
-Red Eye: LA Website
-Para Los Ninos: LA Website | Give
-Saving Innocence: LA Website
-Arizona 1.27 Website
-Arizona Friends of Foster Care Website
• Work with your local school:
- Run a breakfast club.
- Provide a food pantry for school chaplains.
- Provide back-to-school kits.
- Support positive student-led campaigns; check out The String Movement.
• FUNDRAISE as a group for a project focusing on vulnerable children. Choose a project, set a goal, celebrate!
• Check out our Colour Sisterhood Projects.
Take Action and #bethechange
Responding as an
There are so many opportunities to make a difference within your own sphere of influence. From fostering to fundraising, check out these ideas for you to #bethechange!
Responding as a
There’s something powerful when you grab a bunch of girlfriends and put your heads, hearts and hands together for a cause. Here’s a list of examples for your mother’s group, book club, or bootcamp, to get inspired by.
Responding as a
We can do more united together than we can alone.
Collectively we can cover the world in prayer #SisterhoodFightClub and contribute to Sisterhood projects supporting children, sisters and nations throughout the world.
Subscribe to stay in the loop and get inspiring Sisterhood stories delivered to your inbox