How can your group #bethechange and respond to global issues and vulnerable nations in our world?
• As a church or community group in the UK, resettle a refugee family through the Community Sponsorship Programme with the Home Office ( For Refugees )
• Show hospitality to local refugee families e.g. through community events, meals and opportunities for connection and sharing learning.
-Welcome to America Project Website
• Help teach English for migrants or refugees.
-Neighborhood Ministries: Phoenix Website
• Volunteer in a local Detention Centre.
• Celebrate and actively promote diversity.
• Get involved in local disaster response networks to be prepared to respond if a local disaster impacts your area.
• Start a prayer group or rally your girlfriends to pray along with @coloursisterhood #sisterhoodfightclub (check out the Regional prayer maps for ideas).
• Set a trend among your group to shop ethically, buy less, and reduce, reuse, and recycle.
• ADVOCATE together for the rights of refugees and asylum seekers and compassionate government refugee policy. Visit your local Member of Parliament together. Check out our advocacy kit.
•FUNDRAISE as a group for an organisation working in nations experiencing conflict, disaster, or other humanitarian emergency (refer to our NATIONS page for current challenges that warrant our attention).
Choose a project, set a goal, celebrate!
• Check out our Colour Sisterhood Projects.
Take Action and #bethechange
Responding as an
There are so many opportunities to make a difference within your own sphere of influence. From fostering to fundraising, check out these ideas for you to #bethechange!
Responding as a
There’s something powerful when you grab a bunch of girlfriends and put your heads, hearts and hands together for a cause. Here’s a list of examples for your mother’s group, book club, or bootcamp, to get inspired by.
Responding as a
We can do more united together than we can alone.
Collectively we can cover the world in prayer #SisterhoodFightClub and contribute to Sisterhood projects supporting children, sisters and nations throughout the world.
Subscribe to stay in the loop and get inspiring Sisterhood stories delivered to your inbox