How can your group #bethechange and make a difference for our sisters?
• Support your local nursing home with visits, volunteers, or programs.
• Support a local Domestic Violence shelter through provision of needed supplies or volunteers.
• Support single mums, new mums, mums with a child in hospital, or mums raising children with additional needs through providing meals, babysitting, housework, and general encouragement and support.
• Support a women’s prison ministry or community-based program.
• Start a mums group to provide connection and support for women in the local community.
• Get together, or create a roster, and prepare meals for local families, or contribute to a local Food Bank.
• Run a Shine course, placing value on and empowering women. Explore opportunities to offer the course to a local organisation working with (email [email protected] for info).
• ADVOCATE together for the rights and empowerment of women. Visit your local Member of Parliament together. (refer to our SISTERS page for current challenges that warrant our attention). Check out our advocacy kit.
• FUNDRAISE as a group for a project focusing on empowering women. Choose a project, set a goal, celebrate!
• Check out our Colour Sisterhood Projects.
• These are the organisations that the Colour Sisterhood has partnered with previously, who you may wish to give to and pray for:
- Mothers Heart Website | Give
- Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia Website | Give
- World Vision Website | Give
- Birthing Kit Foundation Australia Website | Give
- Shine, Hillsong CityCare Website
- The Bible Society Website
Take Action and #bethechange
Responding as an
There are so many opportunities to make a difference within your own sphere of influence. From fostering to fundraising, check out these ideas for you to #bethechange!
Responding as a
There’s something powerful when you grab a bunch of girlfriends and put your heads, hearts and hands together for a cause. Here’s a list of examples for your mother’s group, book club, or bootcamp, to get inspired by.
Responding as a
We can do more united together than we can alone.
Collectively we can cover the world in prayer #SisterhoodFightClub and contribute to Sisterhood projects supporting children, sisters and nations throughout the world.
Subscribe to stay in the loop and get inspiring Sisterhood stories delivered to your inbox