How can you #bethechange and make a difference for orphans and vulnerable children?
• Give gifts to a gift drive for a foster care agency or children’s hospital.
-Helen's Hope Chest: Phoenix Website
• Run a gift drive for the local children’s hospital or foster care agency.
• Volunteer in a mentoring or respite program for children from challenging family situations, or living with a disability.
-CASA: Phoenix Website
• Help to run a play group for vulnerable groups in your community.
• Support the education of indigenous students through giving to a scholarship or mentoring program.
• Fundraise or volunteer for local organisations that work with vulnerable children and young people.
-Red Eye: LA Website
-Para Los Ninos: LA Website | Give
-Saving Innocence: LA Website
-Arizona 1.27 Website
-Arizona Friends of Foster Care Website
• Love your kids! Don’t underestimate the power of raising your children well.
• Volunteer at your child’s primary school.
• PRAY for vulnerable children and young people in your community and the specific challenges they face. Pray for awareness of opportunities to #bethechange for vulnerable children in your local community.
• LEARN: Equip yourself with knowledge more about key issues facing children around the world. (Refer to our CHILDREN page for current topics that warrant our attention).
• ADVOCATE for child rights. Speak up. Support a petition. Let your local MP know what their constituents care about: Write. Call. Visit.
• PRAY for vulnerable children and young people and around the world; pray for their rights to be upheld and needs to be met.
• SPONSOR a child.
• GIVE to, or fundraise for, projects that focus on vulnerable children. Check out our Sisterhood Projects
Take Action and #bethechange
Responding as an
There are so many opportunities to make a difference within your own sphere of influence. From fostering to fundraising, check out these ideas for you to #bethechange!
Responding as a
There’s something powerful when you grab a bunch of girlfriends and put your heads, hearts and hands together for a cause. Here’s a list of examples for your mother’s group, book club, or bootcamp, to get inspired by.
Responding as a
We can do more united together than we can alone.
Collectively we can cover the world in prayer #SisterhoodFightClub and contribute to Sisterhood projects supporting children, sisters and nations throughout the world.
Subscribe to stay in the loop and get inspiring Sisterhood stories delivered to your inbox