How can you #bethechange and make a difference for our sisters?
• Support single mums, new mums, mums with a child in hospital, or mums raising children with additional needs through providing meals, babysitting, housework, and general encouragement and support.
• Give to, or volunteer for, an organisation supporting vulnerable women or working to empower women in your local area e.g. women in prisoner or ex-offender support programs (Prison Network Ministries; Fitted For Work; Prison Fellowship UK; Yarls Woods Befrienders)
• Practice hospitality.
• Include an extra food item in your grocery drop for a local food bank supporting struggling families.
• Learn more about bystander programs to equip yourself and others to prevent, intervene and change community culture regarding domestic and family violence.
• Visit the elderly in nursing homes. E.g. Age UK
• Host a women’s small group.
• Run a SHINE course.
• Develop strong friendships - encourage the women around you - chat, write, call, text.
• PRAY for vulnerable women in your community and the specific challenges they face. Pray for awareness of opportunities to #bethechange and to empower women in your local community.
• LEARN more about key issues for women around the world. (refer to our SISTERS page for current challenges that warrant our attention).
•ADVOCATE for the rights and empowerment of women.
• GIVE to projects that focus on vulnerable women, such as Watoto’s Keep A Girl In School initiative.
• These are the organisations that the Colour Sisterhood has partnered with previously, who you may wish to give to and pray for:
- Mothers Heart Website | Give
- Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia Website | Give
- World Vision Australia Website | Give
- Birthing Kit Foundation Australia Website | Give
- Shine, Hillsong CityCare Website
- The Bible Society Website
Take Action and #bethechange
Responding as an
There are so many opportunities to make a difference within your own sphere of influence. From fostering to fundraising, check out these ideas for you to #bethechange!
Responding as a
There’s something powerful when you grab a bunch of girlfriends and put your heads, hearts and hands together for a cause. Here’s a list of examples for your mother’s group, book club, or bootcamp, to get inspired by.
Responding as a
We can do more united together than we can alone.
Collectively we can cover the world in prayer #SisterhoodFightClub and contribute to Sisterhood projects supporting children, sisters and nations throughout the world.
Subscribe to stay in the loop and get inspiring Sisterhood stories delivered to your inbox