Kilo of Kindness looked a bit different this year. Due to the devastating floods that ravaged communities across NSW and QLD, this year’s campaign was launched earlier to enable CityCare to respond to those communities affected. We would like to thank our church community for their incredible generosity with this year’s The Kilo of Kindness campaign raising over $187,000.
The Kilo of Kindness campaign aims to help families facing food insecurity in our communities, by providing food relief through our Community Partners and helping to stock our CityCare emergency food relief pantries.
This year, funds raised were focused on supporting the NSW and QLD flood relief efforts as well as CityCare’s ongoing emergency food relief programs. In a heartbreaking turn of events, some areas experienced repeated incidences of flooding.
- CityCare has been able to distribute over $138,000 of these funds to date, through our various partners.
- This has equated to 103,951 total items, which included 4,082 food hampers (102,050 meals), as well as hygiene items, cleaning and medical supplies.
- The remainder of the funds raised will be distributed towards areas where ongoing support is required throughout 2022.
As we conclude this year’s Kilo of Kindness campaign, we would like to acknowledge and thank the following people and partners who were involved in this year’s efforts, who without your support, wouldn’t have been possible.
- Thank you to our Hillsong Church for your incredible generosity, which has enabled our community partners on the ground to help reach the places and people who needed it most.
- Thank you to our core partner GIVIT who work with recovery organisations, outreach teams, charities and community groups to help identify and meet the exact needs of those impacted.
- Thank you to Centre Church and Bec Battista, Hope St Café, the team at Lismore Disaster Relief Depot, Plant and Prosper Co and the various evacuation centres for working tirelessly to provide connections to ensure that assistance and provisions could reach those most affected by the floods.
- Thank you to our CityCare team and volunteers for your time, care and efforts in ensuring those communities affected were provided with the right support and resources in their recovery.
As a church, we will continue to pray for those who are affected by the floods, and that God would make His peace and presence known in powerful and tangible ways as they continue the road to recovery.