Dear Wonderful Parent(s), It’s great to take some family time at the beginning of the year to help your children dream! God has prepared great things for your child(ren) and we would like to help you with this tool. Help your child create his or her own VISION BOARD for 2021! By the way, this is something you too can do yourself. Who he or she is in Christ, the gifts He has placed in his or her life, the dreams He has put in his or her heart, the gifts to be developed in 2021. Having a vision and having expectations for one’s life is really important. Proverbs 29:18 tells us, “When there is no vision, the people are without restraint.” How do we begin?
- You will need a sheet of white (thick) paper (A4 or larger), scissors, glue and a pen.
- Print out the online resource from the Kids Church website with the labels to decorate.
- Write “VISION 2021” in big letters on the sheet of paper.
- Ask your child to pray and take some time reading the Bible in order to have a WORD to define his or her year. There is power in a name. For example: PEACE, CONFIDENCE, SELF-CONTROL, STRENGTH, EXCELLENCE, DEPTH, COURAGE, SERVICE, CREATIVITY, HEALING, FREEDOM, DAUGHTER, SON…. We can have a lot of labels and negative words or circumstances defining us, so it is encouraging to declare something new! Help him/her find a verse in the Bible to support that word.
- It is good to have a maximum of 10 dreams, 10 goals for the year. A good question to ask yourself is, “What kind of person do I want to be? If we were to imagine that it is December 31 of this year, what would I have to have or be so that I can say that it was a good year? Ask questions: What seeds would you want to plant this year? What would you want to grow? Who would you like to serve this year? What areas of your life need change? What would you like to accomplish, where would you like to travel, who to meet, who to bless…. It will take reflection, time, courage and boldness. Your child won’t be able to control everything this year, but they can decide to have a vision for their life.
- Now help him or her look for pictures for each of these dreams or draw them! Make it fun! You can be as creative as you want! Glue these pictures onto the sheet. Number the dreams and write a title for each dream.
- It’s good to place the vision board somewhere you can see it… it’s not something to look at once a year, on the contrary, you want to see it every day.
- Help your child to decide what his or her plan will be for each of the dreams. (For example, if you want to read the whole Bible this year, how are you going to do it?)
- Finally, the most important thing is to give all these dreams and desires to God and ask the Holy Spirit for help and blessing!
I wish you an incredible time as a family! Feel free to take a picture of it and share it on your social networks with the hashtag #mavisionen2021 so that we can see them.
Pastor of Hillsong France, Geneva and Luxembourg