Summary of Position:
Part of the Communications Department for Hillsong Church London, responsible for supporting the Head of Communications in delivering graphic design requirements for Hillsong Church London.
Key Result Responsibilities:
- Create and revise visual content for all channels: print, web, social media, MC screens;
- Build and manage volunteer network of designers to meet ongoing graphic support needs;
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure delivery of graphic support on time
- Maintain brand guidelines and ensure consistent and correct application across all channels;
- Consult with departments on graphic design needs to ensure consistency and alignment with brand guidelines;
- Develop, organise and manage a robust library of approved artwork;
- Partner in development and delivery of print publication for all church;
Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned by your Department Head as required from time to time.
1. General Responsibilities
You the employee must:
a. Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during normal business hours, and at other times as reasonably necessary, to your duties.
b. Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you from time to time;
c. Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorised from time to time;
d. Use your best endeavours to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of the Church;
e. At all times act to a high standard of professional behaviour;
f. Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church;
g. Contribute to the Social Life / Community of Church.
h. Contribute to the ‘Sunday experience’.
i. Commit to developing and investing in leaders and team.
j. Actively invest in Personal Development
2. Character and Personal Qualifications
Being a staff member of Hillsong Church London, the following are necessary:
a. Relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ;
b. Total commitment to Hillsong Church and its vision;
c. Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Hillsong Church, and ability to work in a team environment;
d. Spiritual maturity consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgemental, but assertive manner.
g. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
h. Ability to meet deadlines (may involve working outside normal hours).
i. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team, members of our congregation and the general public.
SKILL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Graphic Design Degree
• Developed portfolio of recent work
• Fully competent and strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Expertise in print – eye for design, layout and the ability to Artwork to print ready stage
• Typography experience
• Knowledge of print production processes
• Good understanding of branding is essential
• Ability to work in a busy and fast paced environment
• Keen and confident communicator, able organize and lead volunteer projects
• Attention to detail
• A high level of organization and the ability to multitask whilst working to tight deadlines
Hillsong Church with its broad vision will continue to grow and expand. Anyone accepting a staff role must understand that “ongoing change” will always be a part of this Church, and therefore must be flexible, open to challenge and willing to move and grow with that ongoing vision.