Hillsong Church was founded by Brian and Bobbie Houston in 1983 in the western suburbs of Sydney, Australia. Now Hillsong has churches in city centres in 30 countries around the world. The church has an average global attendance of 150,000 weekly.
Phil and Lucinda Dooley have recently taken over as our Interim Global Senior Pastors.
Hillsong is a church that believes in Jesus and loves God and people. We have a heart for authentic worship, are passionate about the local church, and are on a mission to see God’s kingdom established across the earth.
Hillsong Church—includes the following programs and related ministries:
- Headquartered in Sydney, Hillsong has churches in city centres in 30 countries and on six continents. The church has an average global attendance of 150,000 weekly.
- Hillsong Worship: Since 1992, Hillsong Worship has created 36 albums with more than 500 songs. Each week, Hillsong Worship songs are sung by an estimated 50 million people in 60 languages. Hillsong Worship has toured in countries all over the world. Hillsong Worship releases an annual album. In January 2018, Hillsong Worship received a Grammy award for Best Contemporary Christian Song/Performance with their song What a Beautiful Name. Today, Hillsong Worship is a collaboration of Hillsong worship music coming out of the global expression of Hillsong Church. Their latest album, These Same Skies, released November 2021.
- Hillsong UNITED: Formed in 1998, Hillsong UNITED is led by Brian and Bobbie’s son, Joel Houston. Hillsong UNITED has created 12 albums. Their song Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) from their album Zion reached double platinum status in the U.S. The group has toured for many years, packing out large venues like the Staples Centre in Los Angeles. In 2016, Hillsong UNITED was named Top Christian Artist at the Billboard Music Awards. Their album, People, released in 2019, was the top selling album in the USA across all genres its release week. Their latest album, Are We There Yet?, was released April 2022.
- Young & Free (Y&F): More than a label, Hillsong’s youth music ministry, Young & Free, is the sound of the next generation of Hillsong music. Hillsong Young & Free has created six albums. In 2016, Young & Free were nominated for a Grammy award for Best Contemporary Christian Music Album with their album Youth Revival and again in 2020 for with their album All of My Best Friends. Their latest album, Out Here on a Friday Where it Began, released August 2021.
- Hillsong Conference: Since 1986, Hillsong in Australia has hosted its annual conferences where thousands of people gather to hear about church leadership, worship, and community engagement from Hillsong’s key team members and other renowned Christian leaders. In 2022, the conference will take place in Sydney (Ju1. 4—6) and (Jul. 7—9).
- Colour Conference: The Colour Conference was started by Bobbie Houston many years ago out of a deep desire to place value on women and encourage them to be all that God’s called them to be. Hillsong hosts this annual conference across five countries internationally each year. In 2022, the conference will take place in Sydney and online (Mar. 10—11).
- Worship & Creative Conference: A brand new conference for worship leaders, songwriters, artists and designers, production teams, editors, filmmakers, dancers, vocalists, musicians, pastors, writers and creatives across all disciplines to steal away from the ordinary and create space to encounter Jesus. In 2022 this conference will take place online (Oct. 21—22).
- Located in Sydney and Phoenix, Hillsong College offers leadership and ministry courses to help shape future leaders around the world. Since its creation in 1995, nearly 20,000 students, representing more than 65 countries have graduated from the college.
- Hillsong embraces opportunities to make a tangible difference in our local neighbourhoods and within our global community. We do this locally, through our CityCare community engagement initiatives, and globally (Because We Can) through partnership with key organisations with local expertise, and also through the Colour Sisterhood.
With their flagship campus in Sydney, Hillsong has churches in 30 countries on six continents:
- Australia: 88 services per weekend in 38 campuses across New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, Northern Territory, Western Australia
- Argentina: Buenos Aires
- Belgium, Brussels
- Brazil: São Paulo
- Canada: Two campuses in Toronto
- Denmark: Copenhagen
- England: Ten campuses.
- Fiji: Suva
- France: Four campuses across Paris, Lyon and Marseille
- Germany: Four campuses in Konstanz, Düsseldorf, Munich and Berlin
- Hungary, Budapest
- Indonesia: Bali
- Israel: Tel Aviv
- Italy: Three campuses in Milan, Rome and Naples
- Japan: Tokyo
- Kenya: Nairobi
- Mauritius: Moka
- Mexico: Monterrey
- Netherlands: Two campuses in Amsterdam and Rotterdam
- Norway: Eight Locations in Oslo, Stavanger, Sandnes, Drammen, Egersund, Kristiansand, Trondheim and Ålesund
- Portugal: Two main campuses in Lisbon and Porto, with five other campuses across the country
- Russia: Moscow
- Scotland: Edinburgh
- South Africa: Nine campuses across Cape Town, Pretoria and Johannesburg
- Spain: Two campuses in Barcelona and Madrid
- Sweden: Seven campuses in and around Stockholm and Malmö
- Switzerland: Two campuses in Zurich and Geneva
- Ukraine: Two locations in Kyiv
- United States: New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, and Boston
(Read more about Hillsong’s statement of beliefs.)