The Hillsong Safe Church Office works across all areas of church life to:
– Co-ordinate the recruitment and selection of volunteers in child related areas, including state based government Working With Children Checks
– Develop and communicate Safe Church policies and procedures
– Conduct Safe Church training for all staff and volunteers
– Handle concerns and disclosures
For more information about the Safe Church Office and the Hillsong Safe Church framework click here.
Everyone participating in programs at Hillsong church must keep to the following codes of behaviour when working with children and young people. If you have any concerns or observe any behaviour outside of these boundaries, please let us know by contacting the Safe Church Office: email@example.com
Providing a safe environment for children and young people is a priority of all programs for children and young people at Hillsong Church. Our code of conduct seeks to prevent situations occurring where a child or young person could be unsafe as well as ensuring that the people who work with children and young people are ‘safe people’ by following strict screening and recruitment process and behave in a safe and accountable manner.
- Children and young people are to be supervised at all times by approved adult leaders who visually identify themselves by wearing a leader name sticker printed from our electronic check in system.
- Parents should be provided with correct information regarding program start and finish times. Leaders are to ensure that every child and young person is picked up safely.
- Correct toileting procedures are to be followed. Two approved adult leaders are to check the bathroom is vacant of adults before children enter, then stand outside the toileting area and prevent adults from entering the area until all children have exited.
The code of conduct ensures there is accountability in our behaviour around children and young people and sets a standard for what is appropriate. Never being alone with a child or young person and staying in safe open environments provides for accountability within teams ensures that interactions are safe and positive.
- Our leaders will always have another adult present when with a child or young person.
- Leaders will exercise safe, appropriate and child-initiated touch.
- Children and young people are not to be transported alone, two approved adult leaders should be in the car.
Communication and Media
Those serving with Children and young people should communicate with them in an open way and with parents knowledge or involvement. This ensures communication stays within appropriate boundaries.
- Parent or carer permission must be obtained to communicate with a child under the age of 16 years.
- Children and young peoples right to privacy will be protected particularly when dealing with their personal information and when responding to pastoral situations or disclosures of harm.
- Photos or video of children and young people may be taken during Hillsong Programs for the purpose of promotions and marketing. Photos or video of children and young people must not be taken, reproduced and/or distributed for any other purpose.
Responding to concerns or disclosures of harm
Hillsong Church is committed to a caring and appropriate response, should any suspicion, allegation, disclosure, or complaint of misconduct or abuse occur. Concerns or disclosures of harm must be responded to the Safe Church Office who will ensure reports are made to relevant authorities in a consistent and thorough manner.
If you as a parent or carer have any concerns or observe any inappropriate conduct, please let us know by contacting the Safe Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org