This policy includes:
- Details of the policies and procedures Hillsong has in place to protect children and adults at risk
- The details of our Designated Safeguarding Officers
- The process followed when a concern or allegation is raised in relation to a child or adult at risk.
Please note that all Hillsong Group Leaders, and all volunteers involved with kids, youth or adults at risk, are required to complete the following prior to volunteering:
- An application including reference checks
- External online safeguarding training and testing via MeLearning
- A DBS check
- Data protection training and testing
- A Volunteer Agreement detailing the expectations and restrictions for volunteering.
Hillsong is a member of thirtyone:eight (thirtyoneeight.org), an independent Christian charity that provides guidance and advice on safeguarding, through which all staff and key volunteers have immediate access to safeguarding advice in the event of any concern, disclosure or incident.
All concerns, disclosures and incidents, including the advice received from thirtyone:eight and the subsequent actions taken, are internally reported, recorded and followed up by the Legal Department and the Designated Safeguarding Officers.
For urgent matters please contact [email protected] or call 0207 384 9200 and ask to be put through to the Legal Department.
For concerns or allegations that do not relate to children or adults at risk please contact [email protected]