Summary of Position:
As part of the Hillsong Church London (HCL) Staff Team you are responsible for the management of our warehouse venue, including oversight of all policies and procedures for venue use, working alongside Hillsong London staff and volunteers to keep a well maintained, efficient facility.
Key Result Areas:
• Responsible for a well maintained, clean and tidy venue, working alongside Hillsong London staff and volunteers to ensure excellent warehouse operation
• Responsibility to ensure efficient and effective practices for warehouse management, usage and space allocation
• Managing venue calendar and bookings including responsibility to ensure appropriate personnel on site during events
Planning and documentation of all systems and procedures for efficient running / use of venue
• Directing and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
• Planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for premises and re-organising current premises
• Responsible to engage and lead a team of volunteers to cover areas of responsibility such as building maintenance, upgrades and repairs
• Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
• Project management for building works as and when required, including supervising and coordinating work of contractors
• Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors
• Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
• Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements
• Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
• Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
• Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
GENERAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. General Responsibilities
You the employee must:
a. Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during normal business hours, and at other times as reasonably necessary, to your duties.
b. Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you from time to time;
c. Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorised from time to time;
d. Use your best endeavours to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of the Church;
e. At all times act to a high standard of professional behaviour;
f. Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church;
g. Contribute to the Social Life / Community of Church.
h. Contribute to the ‘Sunday experience’.
i. Commit to developing and investing in leaders and team.
j. Actively invest in Personal Development
2. Character and Personal Qualifications
Being a staff member of Hillsong Church London, the following are necessary:
a. Relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ;
b. Total commitment to Hillsong Church and its vision;
c. Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Hillsong Church, and ability to work in a team environment;
d. Spiritual maturity consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgemental, but assertive manner.
g. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
h. Ability to meet deadlines (may involve working outside normal hours).
i. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team, members of congregation and general public.
SKILL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Experience in facilities management preferred
* Experience in project management preferred
* Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Able to take initiative and self manage your own workload
Hillsong Church with its broad vision will continue to grow and expand. Anyone accepting a staff role must understand that “ongoing change” will always be a part of this Church, and therefore must be flexible, open to challenge and willing to move and grow with that ongoing vision.
(While Hillsong Church London is an equal opportunities employer, an Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a practising Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful applicant.)