Summary of Position
Responsible for supporting the CFO and FD in the management of the financial and accounting aspects of Hillsong Church London, focusing on management reporting, financial analysis and the production of information to facilitate decision making.
Key Result Areas:
1. Management Accounting and Information:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts including supporting schedules and information
• Review of profit and loss accounts and preparation of variance analysis
• Preparation of detailed monthly financial analysis reports with respect to all income streams
• Preparation of monthly income and outgoings reports for locations and departments within the organisation
• Assist the FD with monthly balance sheet adjustments
• Preparation of cashflow statements, including forecasts and periodic monitoring reports
• Management of all profit and loss nominal ledger accounts, ensuring good process for capturing of information
• Assisting the CFO & FD with preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts
• Assisting the CFO & FD with preparation of other management reporting as and when required, including reporting with respect to the current strategies of the church
2. Accounting and Financial Systems and Processes :
• • Liaising with other departments to ensure good financial reporting as relevant to each area of church operations
• Review and improvement of financial tools with respect to reporting and analysis
GENERAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. General Responsibilities
You the employee must:
* Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during normal business hours, and at other times as reasonably necessary, to your duties.
* Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you from time to time;
* Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorised from time to time;
* Use your best endeavours to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of the Church;
* At all times act to a high standard of professional behaviour;
* Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church;
* Contribute to the Social Life / Community of Church.
* Contribute to the ‘Sunday experience’.
* Commit to developing and investing in leaders and team.
* Actively invest in Personal Development
2. Character and Personal Qualifications
Being a staff member of Hillsong Church London, the following are necessary:
a. Relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ;
b. Total commitment to Hillsong Church and its vision;
c. Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Hillsong Church, and ability to work in a team environment;
d. Spiritual maturity consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgemental, but assertive manner.
e. Hold yourself accountable
k. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
l. Ability to meet deadlines (may involve working outside normal hours).
m. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team, members of congregation and general public.
Hillsong Church with its broad vision will continue to grow and expand. Anyone accepting a staff role must understand that “ongoing change” will always be a part of this Church, and therefore must be flexible, open to challenge and willing to move and grow with that ongoing vision.
(While Hillsong Church London is an equal opportunities employer, an Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a practicing Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful applicant.)