Summary of Position:
As part of the Hillsong Church London (HCL) Infrastructure Team your role is to provide support in all areas relating to Information Technology for the church. The IT Manager is always looking for ways to integrate technology and efficiency in order to cut costs, save time, and achieve the organization’s ministry and technology objectives. They will continually find ways to successfully manage a large technology budget, without sacrificing quality and service, in addition to overseeing other departmental projects through to completion. The IT Manager will spend a significant amount of time communicating with, establishing and maintaining relationships with outside vendors to gain access to the latest technology solutions available. The IT Manager must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Key Result Areas:
• Perform purchasing cycle for IT equipment such as computing, mobile and peripherals devices.
• Identify new IT equipment requisites
• Establish relevant financial approvals.
• Supplier liaising for delivery and payment.
• Maintain a good relationship with current suppliers.
• Create, Update and remove document records of software hardware and IT contracts.
• Participate in the design and review of IT Policies in order to comply with legal and best practices requirements.
• Participate in the design and review of IT departmental procedures in order to facilitate regular functions.
• Perform software and hardware audits in order to facilitate legal and strategic decisions.
IT Requirements & Logistics:
• Facilitate the provision of appropriate equipment for conferences and events, including liaising with major event teams
• Liaising with external venues to implement appropriate IT infrastructure for each venue
• Manage outsourced Network/Desktop support.
• Conduct software updates and general maintenance of Macintosh & Microsoft applications etc
• Perform escalation to service provider for second and third-line support.
• Manage IP phone system and perform escalation to service provider for mayor issues
• Manage mobile phone services for senior staff
• Assist in the implementation of new technologies and other IT projects as required, liaising with external IT advisors to ensure projects are delivered to excellent standard.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Lead a team of volunteers on Sundays.
• Host technical upskilling and leadership development session.
• Ensure the team is socially connected.
Conferences & Big Events:
• Planning – Responsible for the planning of all elements (Networking, point of sale, Ticketing), working through staff/key volunteers & contractors to ensure we have the correct kit that is fit for purpose to carry the event. This includes schedules, contractor management, volunteer engagement, budget management.
• Venue – Main point of contact for liaising with venue technical teams in the lead up and on the day. Ensuring what we want to achieve is possible and approved by the venue according to their timelines.
• Staff/Volunteer – Working through staff and key volunteers to own relevant areas. Ensure the correct people/team is in place for each area to be a success (and the volunteer experience a positive experience)
• Supplier/Contractors – Develop relationship with key contractors to be a part of our key team. Always looking for the best price to fall within budget, but valuing long-term relationships at the same time. Ensure contractors deliver to the specifications/contractual agreement set out.
• Budget – Ensure all elements fall within the agreed budget, working with the team and finance department where necessary to make this possible.
• On the Day – You call the shots from start to finish till all
kit is up, tested and ready for the conference/show. On call throughout the conference for any questions, activating any changes, making calls if kit unexpectedly breaks or other issues present themselves. You ensure set up and pack-down run to time and in the correct order.
• Hillsong Conference – Integration of European teams at Conference
• Work across the team to collate and decide on pack-lists from locations for pre-setup and the event.
• Collating and logging all final documentation to be used for the same event next year.
GENERAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. General Responsibilities
a. Provide technological guidance within the organization
b. Supervise information system and communications networks
c. Design, establish, and maintain a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access
d. Consult with department heads, and manufacturing representatives to exchange information, present new approaches, and to discuss equipment/system changes
e. Participate in vendor contract negotiations for all new computer equipment and software purchased for the corporation
f. Create a cost-benefit analysis as well as supporting a detailed definition of data requirements and departmental workflows
g. Oversee Internet and computer operations
h. Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including directing staff, who support administrative computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions
i. Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend appropriate action and resources
j. Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department
k. Propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the church’s objectives
You the employee must:
a. Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during normal business hours, and at other times as reasonably necessary, to your duties.
b. Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you from time to time;
c. Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorised from time to time;
d. Use your best endeavours to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of the Church;
e. At all times act to a high standard of professional behaviour;
f. Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church;
g. Contribute to the Social Life / Community of Church.
h. Contribute to the ‘Sunday experience’.
i. Commit to developing and investing in leaders and team.
j. Actively invest in Personal Development
2. Character and Personal Qualifications
Being a staff member of Hillsong Church London, the following are necessary:
a. Relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ;
b. Total commitment to Hillsong Church and its vision;
c. Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Hillsong Church, and ability to work in a team environment;
d. Spiritual maturity consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgemental, but assertive manner.
e. Hold yourself accountable
f. Self-motivated, self-governed, self-managed, self-disciplined
h. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
i. Ability to meet deadlines (may involve working outside normal hours).
j. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team, members of the congregation and general public.
SKILL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Experience in a professional environment
* Computer Science degree preferable.
* Proven experience in supporting and troubleshooting windows and IOS systems
* Good understanding of networking including TCP/IP, firewalls, routers and switches
* Experience in Office 365 Apps preferred. E.g.: SharePoint, etc.
Hillsong Church with its broad vision will continue to grow and expand. Anyone accepting a staff role must understand that “ongoing change” will always be a part of this Church, and therefore must be flexible, open to challenge and willing to move and grow with that ongoing vision.
(While Hillsong Church London is an equal opportunities employer, an Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a practising Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful applicant.)