Summary of Position:
Assist the General Manager and Senior Legal Counsel on a broad range of legal issues relevant to Hillsong UK. This includes reviewing and advising on all commercial documents, and supporting all areas of the organisation with key legal issues.
Key Result Areas:
1. Legal and regulatory:
• Review and advise on commercial contracts and agreements
• Manage intellectual property matters
• Consult and advise on company law and charity regulation matters
• Consult with external legal counsel as and when required
• Advise on HR related employment law issues
• Advise on compliance to health and safety laws and regulation, including liaising with all departments on appropriate practice
• Advise on all relevant laws in relation to IT and data protection issues, working proactively on GDPR issues
• Assist with presentations to executive and board in relation to key legal and regulatory issues
• Advising on legal issues with respect to consumer issues
• Conducting legal research, interpreting laws, regulation etc. as and when required
• Administration and coordination of key legal issues for projects and initiatives
• Responsible for appropriate and correct documentation and administration of all legal issues
• Review of standard documentation across organisation
2. Reporting and Feedback:
• Provide General Manager and Senior Legal Counsel with weekly feedback on projects and agreements
GENERAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. General Responsibilities
You the employee must:
a. Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during normal business hours, and at other times as reasonably necessary, to your duties.
b. Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you from time to time;
c. Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorised from time to time;
d. Use your best endeavours to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of the Church;
e. At all times act to a high standard of professional behaviour;
f. Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church;
g. Contribute to the Social Life / Community of Church.
h. Contribute to the ‘Sunday experience’.
i. Commit to developing and investing in leaders and team.
j. Actively invest in Personal Development
2. Character and Personal Qualifications
Being a staff member of Hillsong Church London, the following are necessary:
a. Relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ;
b. Total commitment to Hillsong Church and its vision;
c. Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Hillsong Church, and ability to work in a team environment;
d. Spiritual maturity consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgemental, but assertive manner.
e. Hold yourself accountable
f. Self-motivated, self-governed, self-managed, self-disciplined
h. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
i. Ability to meet deadlines (may involve working outside normal hours).
j. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team, members of congregation and general public.
SKILL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with 1-3 years PQE
• Applicant must be UK qualified and have a strong academic background with at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent
• More than 2 years professional experience, in professional or similar environment (law firm or in-house)
• Ability to interpret law and apply to context of organisation
• Proven understanding of general commercial law and experience in contract review
• Experience in data protection issues preferable
• Excellent communication skills, ability to work across multi-department environment
• Common Sense
Hillsong Church with its broad vision will continue to grow and expand. Anyone accepting a staff role must understand that “ongoing change” will always be a part of this Church, and therefore must be flexible, open to challenge and willing to move and grow with that ongoing vision.
(While Hillsong Church London is an equal opportunities employer, an Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a practicing Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful applicant.)