Summary of Position:
Coordinating volunteer team of up to 500 people for Conferences and Larger Gatherings. This includes setting up and maintaining systems and processes to empower volunteers, with each area functioning from finance, operational and team building perspective. Manage the Performing Arts administration across the departments, including GDPR compliance, brushfire and multiple payment processes for Amplified students.
Key Result Areas:
• Facilitate all Performing Arts (PA), Amplified Arts Academy (AAA), and project-based meetings with staff and volunteers (invites, RSVPs, agendas, minutes, actions and follow up)
• Work with Department Head to manage PA and AAA budget including managing and sorting purchase orders
• Key point of contact for PA department and Brushfire, responsible for setting up and maintaining AAA brushfire pages
• Stay on top of any new staff infrastructure tools and make sure department adheres to them e.g. GDPR, sharepoint, rostering, database, reporting, sharing and collating of team and numbers and backstage training
• Facilitate weekly rehearsal, training, auditions and workshop space for all PA teams
• Researching and reserving space as required
• Cast coordination for all Gatherings and Productions
• Church all day
• Attend 1:15pm and 6pm service
• Responsible for any co-ordination required for performing arts involvement for special Sundays.
• Liaise with Dominion venue staff on all elements relating to venue requirements
• Attend performing arts operations meeting
• Run Performing Arts group
• Run Myhillsong training as necessary
• Run offlines with volunteers for projects on Child involvement, catering, registration and coordinate training
3. Amplified Arts Academy:
• Manage the AAA annual budget
• PO’s and payments for all teachers payments and events
• Responsible for the AAA Calendar
• Weekly AAA meeting
• Oversee DBS checks and contracts
• Facilitate and coordinate elements for taster day/ show days – purchases, parent info packs, gifts and merchandise
• Attend Amplified Arts Academy on Saturday, main point of contact for payments midweek, chasing invoices.
• Available on Saturdays to discuss financial concerns with parents
• Oversee stock and sales for AAA merchandise and café items.
• Manage sign-ups, bursaries and scholarships
4. Large gatherings:
• Work through team leads to Coordinate up to 500 volunteers for productions and large gatherings (Carols London and UK, Easter, Jesus the Rock Opera, Colour and Conference)
• Work with team leads to ensure all volunteers are registered and facilitate all operational information and documentation
• Budgets – facilitate budget/PO process for all PA volunteer team leads for purchasing equipment, material for construction of sets, costumes etc.
Facilitate and organise catering and space allocations for all preproduction that can include up to 500 cast and crew
5. Reporting & Feedback:
• Reporting to Department head weekly and monthly as required
GENERAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. General Responsibilities
You the employee must:
a. Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during normal business hours, and at other times as reasonably necessary, to your duties.
b. Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you from time to time;
c. Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorised from time to time;
d. Use your best endeavours to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of the Church;
e. At all times act to a high standard of professional behaviour;
f. Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church;
g. Contribute to the Social Life / Community of Church.
h. Contribute to the ‘Sunday experience’.
i. Commit to developing and investing in leaders and team.
j. Actively invest in Personal Development
2. Character and Personal Qualifications
Being a staff member of Hillsong Church London, the following are necessary:
a. Relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ;
b. Total commitment to Hillsong Church and its vision;
c. Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Hillsong Church, and ability to work in a team environment;
d. Spiritual maturity consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgemental, but assertive manner.
e. Hold yourself accountable
f. Self-motivated, self-governed, self-managed, self-disciplined
h. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
i. Ability to meet deadlines (may involve working outside normal hours).
j. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team, members of the congregation and general public.
SKILL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Highly organized
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Hillsong Church with its broad vision will continue to grow and expand. Anyone accepting a staff role must understand that “ongoing change” will always be a part of this Church, and therefore must be flexible, open to challenge and willing to move and grow with that ongoing vision.
(While Hillsong Church London is an equal opportunities employer, an Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a practising Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful applicant.)