Summary of Position:
Part of the Communications Department for Hillsong Church London (HCL), responsible for supporting the Head of Communications in delivering communication and marketing requirements for all primary church events, services and projects.
Key Result Areas:
- Creating, maintaining and updating digital content across the breadth of Hillsong London’s digital real estate.
- Design, wireframe and develop digital content within existing branding guidelines and systems, using industry standard tools (eg. Adobe Photoshop).
- Design, create, set up, send and report on Email Campaigns
- Ensure digital content including websites, apps and emails are accurate and up to date at all times
- Work with the Communications Team and Volunteer Network to create visual and written content for digital channels when needed
- Identify and implement digital solutions that enhance overall communications channel strategy where browser and device requirements are constantly evolving
- Build and manage volunteer network of digital specialists to meet ongoing technical needs
- Support volunteer network of Content Managers for Campuses & Departments
- When necessary liaise with suppliers to ensure delivery of technical solutions and requirements on time and on budget
* Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned by your Department Head as required from time to time.
GENERAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- General Responsibilities
You the employee must:
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during normal business hours, and at other times as reasonably necessary, to your duties.
- Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you from time to time;
- Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorised from time to time;
- Use your best endeavours to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of the Church;
- At all times act to a high standard of professional behaviour;
- Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church;
- Contribute to the Social Life / Community of Church.
- Contribute to the ‘Sunday experience’.
- Commit to developing and investing in leaders and team.
- Actively invest in Personal Development
- Character and Personal Qualifications
Being a staff member of Hillsong Church London, the following are necessary:
- Relationship and commitment to Jesus Christ;
- Total commitment to Hillsong Church and its vision;
- Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Hillsong Church, and ability to work in a team environment;
- Spiritual maturity consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgemental, but assertive manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Ability to meet deadlines (may involve working outside normal hours).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team, members of congregation and general public.
SKILL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Passionate about digital communications, especially web & mobile design
• The ability to create (written) content for digital communication that identify and reflect with HCL
• Pro-active and the ability to work both under direction and be personally responsible to take initiative when no direction is given.
• Strong interest in emerging technologies
• Comfortable working with deadlines and multiple projects at the same time
• Keen eye for detail
• Consistently deliver in an environment of high pressure and short deadlines.
• Ability to work within a team both locally and in other time zones.
• Ability to learn new systems and applications, and to up-skill in unfamiliar applications quickly
• Skill sets in the following areas:
o Content Management System Experience (CMS)– esp. WordPress
o Adobe Photoshop
o HTML / CSS
• Desirable but not essential
o Wireframing / UX / UI
o Email Campaign Software Experience (Mail Chimp, Campaign Commander etc..)
o Domain Management Skills (DNS, NameServer records management experience).
Hillsong Church with its broad vision will continue to grow and expand. Anyone accepting a staff role must understand that “ongoing change” will always be a part of this Church, and therefore must be flexible, open to challenge and willing to move and grow with that ongoing vision.